If you’re looking for an easy meal to come home to that will warm your bones, I’ve got you covered with this slow cooker Lentil and Potato soup. This recipe was such a hit when I made it on my Instastories last week that I had to put all the ingredients together in a blog post to share.
We all love soup in this family, but this one in particular is a favorite during the winter. The potatoes make it thick and rich, and the lentils add some hearty texture. I like to make this towards the end of the week when I have extra vegetables to use up. Chop up a whole bunch of veggies or keep it to a few, this soup is forgiving and tastes great any way you make it. Enjoy with a loaf of thick, crusty bread!
Lentil and Potato Soup
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3-4 medium carrots, chopped
- 3 stalks celery
- 3 potatoes, diced
- 2 peppers – I used 1 red and one 1 yellow
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 8 cups vegetable (or chicken) broth
- 1-1/2 cups dried lentils, rinsed. (I used orange)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Optional vegetables to add that would be delicious: spinach, kale, butternut squash, split peas
Shop the post!
- Place all ingredients in the crock pot. Cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours or low for 7-8 hours.
- Season to taste and serve with shredded or shaved parmesan cheese. I like to add Red Hot or sriracha sauce for a little kick. Don’t forget the crusty bread!
Like it? Pin it!