If you know me at all, you know that I am always looking for ways to tame the crazy in my life. As a mom of three littles and newly working from home, I have found one way to simplify: Stitch Fix. I’m a huge fan of this monthly clothing subscription service for a couple of reasons:
- It’s convenient – how easy is it to type in your style preferences online or even on the app on your phone, and then have five pieces of clothing, accessories, or shoes delivered right to your doorstep? I actually like shopping a whole lot, but I have zero time to search for cute things with my kids in tow.
- It’s stylish – I feel a little less than stylish since having my third baby, so wandering around stores trying to decide what would look good together or what is in style is not happening for me. I love that a stylist puts together outfits for me that I know go well together. They even give you style card with different outfit ensembles – fool proof!
You can see exactly what I got in this box in this live segment on Fox Rochester’s Good Day Rochester below. It was so much fun to open it on-air!
I think I’ll keep the jacket, purse, and blazer for sure, and I’m still deciding on the tops. What do you think? What would you keep?
Here are a few of my favorite Stitch Fix outfits over the last few months.
Stitch Fix is for anyone who loves clothes, but doesn’t have the time to shop, or anyone looking for cute new looks to update your wardrobe. I love to request seasonal items like the Anorak jacket they sent in this Fix. I had it pinned on my Pinterest board (major points to my stylist for checking my Pinterest board every month and picking clothes I have pinned). I usually ask for cute tops for my monthly guest segments on Fox Rochester, outfits for my planning classes and events, and the live videos I do weekly on my Facebook page.
I have been really lucky for the last eight months and kept more pieces than not. Here are my secrets to loving every Fix:
- Leave detailed feedback on each item you keep or return. If you don’t like a cut or a particular collar style, make sure you point that out. This way your stylist can get a better feel for your style preferences.
- Pin your favorite pieces to several specific Pinterest boards (and then link the one you want your stylist to choose from that month)– I have a few different boards that I pin to depending on the month, season, or occasion. This way your stylist can see exactly what you are looking for without wading through the last four years’ of clothing you have pinned.
- Take the time to write in the note section on your receipt each month – I like to tell my stylist about any events or special date nights coming up, or ask specifically for pieces that I really want. This has been the most helpful to me because if the piece you ask for is in stock, they will try to send it.
Remember to share your own referral code with friends once you get your Fix for money towards your next Fix!
Please note that some of the links provided are affiliate links, for which I receive a small commission if you make a purchase through them. This does not cost you any extra. I personally use everything that I recommend and I very much appreciate your support of this blog!
Interested in the latest news from Willowcrest Lane?
Join the Willowcrest Lane mailing list for news and updates, sneak peeks, and behind the scenes views!