I have become a raving fan of Podcasts in the last year. My favorite motivational podcasts to listen to right now are all done by women who share what I love to hear about most – navigating raising a family and having a career, concrete ways to grow as a person, and real world advice for growing a successful business.
When Podcasts first began to gain steam, I wasn’t sure how or where to fit time in my day to listen to them. I realized, though, that there are many little snippets of time that I can spend listening throughout the day rather than one long uninterrupted session, which I don’t ever have time for.
In the shower: I hook up my phone to a portable speaker and listen
In the morning while I get ready and do my hair and makeup
While I’m busy in the kitchen cooking or cleaning up
While I’m working on mindless tasks on the computer like editing photos or cleaning out my inbox
In the truck while I wait for the kids at appointments or practices
Many times I don’t finish the entire Podcast in one sitting, but I don’t mind coming back to it. I love that you can find a Podcast to fit any mood or need you have. Sometimes I need some words of encouragement or a good swift kick in the rear to get moving. There are Podcasts for everything. A insomniac friend of mine swears by this Podcast designed to help lull people to sleep.
Five Motivational Podcasts By Women to Listen to Right Now
These are my go-to podcasts by rad women that are giving me inspiration and life right now. Give them a try. I think you’ll love them, too.
- For the Love with Jen Hatmaker – Listening to Jen feels like hanging with my best girlfriend or my sister. She’s funny, tells the truth even when it hurts, and isn’t afraid to speak her truth even if her voice trembles. I loved reading her books, and her podcasts are just as inspiring.
- Dais by Rachel Hollis – Rachel is a lifestyle blogger, CEO of her company Chic Media, and author of multiple books in several genres. I’m tired just writing that, but that’s why I love to listen to Rachel; she motivates me and inspires me with her no-nonsense talk, high energy and glimpses into running a successful company.
- Christy Wright’s Business Boutique – Christy works with Dave Ramsey and she’s a savvy businesswoman in her own right. I appreciate her passion for helping women build their business and learn how to make a profit. I also love that she has little kids. I feel like she knows exactly what goes into trying to build a business with the demands of motherhood.
4. The Next Right Thing by Emily P. Freeman – Emily’s soothing voice and calm manner help me unwind and reflect. Sometimes at the end of the night when I’m spent from parenting or people-ing all day, I put in my ear buds and wash dishes while listening to Emily talk about the next right thing in life.
5. Young House Love by John and Sherry Petersik – John and Sherry crack me up as they talk about renovating their home, DIY projects, and all things design. They remind me of Tom and I, squabbling over paint colors and fixtures one minutes and working together happily the next. I enjoy listening to their design choices just as much as when they talk about their journey to become successful entrepreneurs.
Take a listen and let me know what you think. I have a feeling you’ll keep coming back for more from these women. Do you have a favorite Podcast to share? I’d love to hear in the comments, or give me a shout on Instagram, where you can catch me everyday!